Tuesday, August 19, 2014 | By: BlackGargie

Bali Company Trip-Day 5 (Finale)

Final day of the trip where we have to depart the wonderful Hawaii-ish Bali and return to mundane Brunei has arrived. At least with the early bedtime, we were able to at least get a few hours of shut eye before waking up for the long haul to the airport. It was so hard to get out of bed after sleeping for only about 4-5 hours, and I could barely keep my eyes open, but we have soldier on until this day is over.

When we got to the bus, we were given complimentary breakfast (which I totally forgot to take a picture of due to sleepiness) of toast, raisin and cinnamon bagel, egg and orange juice. I was worried that we might not be able to get these stuff past the immigration check point, being it liquid and all, but my hubs and everyone else were convinced that they can get the thing through. First checkpoint surprisingly let us through, but once we got to the second checkpoint after checking in, the security halted us and confiscated all our drinks and eggs. I gave a I-told-you-so look at my hubs and rolled my eyes when he acted all flabbergasted about it. Though I can understand his frustration. We were going to eat it on the spot and not in the plane, so what is the big deal bringing it in? I thought usually that kind of confiscation happens when you pass the boarding gate, not here at the luggage scan checkpoint. Weird.

And why did they confiscated our eggs are beyond me.

After eating that complimentary breakfast and drinking a rather bad mochacinno coffee, we all sauntered off to get some last minute souvenirs (which my hubs did when he wanted to get perfume for his mom at the duty free shop). We also stopped by a bookstore to look about, and I even spotted a rather interesting Bali culture T-shirt with impressive art styles, but unfortunately our morning stomach protested us to go take a dump, so we had to forgo that and relieve ourselves. By the time we were done (no thanks to people taking their sweet time in the bathroom and the super long-ass line), it was almost time to board our flight and we had to rush to get in line.

Once on the plane, we quickly took the opportunity to get some shut-eye. During the check-in, due to a full flight, a lot of us were not being seated together or chronologically, even went as far as giving a seat separated so far off between my hubs' cousin and his son (he, of course, insisted on a seat change, since his son is like 6 years old and can't be left alone unsupervised), but after a bit of rearranging by our tour rep, we were more or less seated close together. I originally decided to forgo the in-flight breakfast but I didn't want to waste it, so I ordered as well, then went back to sleep again all the way to Brunei. My hubs apparently fell asleep on my shoulder, but I couldn't really care less.

Once we reached Brunei and grabbed our luggage, my hubs and I were the first ones out in the clear, so we had to take our leave first since our ride was already here (we live about 10 minutes away from the airport). The moment our princess sees us coming, she started crying and I wasted no time hugging and kissing her. We absolutely missed her to bits, and seeing my hubs' colleague's daughter was not helping, so having her in our arms showering her love and kisses was most rewarding. Of course, once we got home and the actual parenting chores kicked in, we realized we definitely didn't miss that part about our princess. But still, we're home sweet home and with our princess and that's all that matters.

Now that we've settled home, we're gonna have our little princess be taken care of by the help while get our much needed extra shut eye. Night night, everyone!

0 comments: