Saturday, October 26, 2013 | By: BlackGargie

Random Question 42


Another question I asked about the topic on marriage being God’s plan and all that. I asked them for arranged marriages and stuff. What if God’s plan was for you to marry someone else and you end up marrying the wrong person? And all they could answer me was “Well, you’re just going to have to bear with it and work out your differences and learn to accept each other”, which was a stupid answer and not exactly resolving my question. I mean, who are we to say what God’s plans are? What if the person you marry is actually, really, truly not what God intended you to be with?

What if God’s plan was really for you to go with someone else but you end up being with the wrong person and in a situation where you can’t divorce? How are you gonna answer that? What if you guys cannot get over your differences after exhausting every ounce of counselling and stuff and the only, only, ONLY real solution for it was to separate/divorce? Are you saying just because of your close-minded man-made laws on Catholics not allowed to divorce, you are putting someone in misery and in a marriage she/he never wanted to be in the first place and ignore the possibility that God might actually WANT you to leave your spouse to be with the one you truly deserve? That’s ridiculous, right?

I have no doubts in my mind that my hubby is the one for me, coz I chose him and we’ve been through thick and thin together to get here, but I’m still curious about other people who married the one in their lives, especially arranged marriages and stuff.

Catholics are so weird sometimes

0 comments: