Thursday, February 14, 2013 | By: BlackGargie

Little Princess' First Trip (Part 1)

After 4 months since she was born, my little princess is finally traveling to a whole new country which is my hometown in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. My dad never had a chance to come down to Brunei when she was born and celebrating her one-month, so he was totally looking forward to meeting his little granddaughter finally in the flesh.

We tried to break her into traveling by first traveling down to Miri, which is downtown in Sarawak, about an hour or two drive down from Brunei. Then she pretty much spent the whole day shopping with us at Parkson, with the occasional interruption of her naps and the awesome new things for her to see. By the time she got back to Brunei to her little home sweet home, she got a fever from all the excitement. LOL! Poor girl! But at least we've broken her in so that she would be used to long travel. By Chinese New Year, she was a-OK and was fine with the long travel down to Seria and KB for the family's tradition of meeting and greeting and receiving ang pow.

During the weeks while we were counting down the days to go down to KK, we (more like my hubby) were in paranoia and panic mode because all 3 of my 2nd sis in law's kids got chickenpox. The youngest got it from the maid who apparently had such a weak immune system that this was her 3rd chickenpox attack. This was actually the first time I have ever heard of someone who has got chickenpox more than once, since you only get it once ever in your entire life, but it seems to beg to differ in our maid's situation.

Anyway, the youngest got it because they underestimated her recovery time and lord, did he totally spread it to his older sibs. My hubby was absolutely paranoid and would not let anyone who has the slightest contact with the kids to go anywhere remotely near our princess, not even with a 10-feet pole, if possible. Even our temp maid, who took over the chores while our main maid handled the kids and had almost next to no contact with them, wasn't allowed to touch her for fear of contagions stuck to her person. I was grounded at home for more than a week to look after our princess and was not allowed to bring her downstairs ever.

Needless to say, our princess got a bit of cabin fever and I had to sneak around asking the temp maid to look after for a few minutes if I had to go to the bathroom, have my meals or do anything that required me to leave princess alone for a while. It wasn't easy, and I had to wave away a few close calls from my hubby being minutes away to screaming bloody murder at the maid, but all in all, she managed to avoid the dreaded chickenpox.

Makes me wonder why does my little princess have to suffer quarantine while those 3 walking viruses go about the house like they own the goddamn place. God, I just wish the whole family move out already instead of continuing their freeloading here.

Anyways, we managed to avoid the plague, so to speak, and we were off on the long 6-hour drive journey to KK. Originally we were considering a flight, but my dad insisted on driving and we needed to save money for our upcoming London trip, so we opted for the car. Besides it'll save money on the luggage anyways, and having our own car to get around might be more convenient.

Upon reaching KK and reaching my dad's home, my dad was so happy to see her and came to greet her and picked her up in his arms first, calling her his "little darling". She wasn't used to him, seeing that they met for the first time, but at least she has not reached the picking people phase yet, so she did not fuss while my dad ogled over her. She was also quite at ease with my dad's girlfriend and her family, and everyone commented on how cute her hair and her chubby cheeks and her big doe eyes were. Before that, people say my princess looked a lot like my hubby, now they all say she's looking a lot like me, LOL! What an interesting morph change!

She still looks like her dad when she sleeps though ;P

Speaking of sleeping, my princess refused to let go of my tits all night last night, and I ended up having a sleepless nit because of that (my hubby gets the bed while we slept on the King-sized mattress on the floor; preferable, since 3 people squeezing in one bed would be no different than home, and at least I get more sleeping room). The only time i managed to even get some sleep was pretty few, and that was prolly she unconsciously released me and slept through the better part of the night and I managed to slip into Dreamland until the next fussing about to search for my tits. I think maybe it's because of the unfamiliar bed she's on that she need my warmth and smell as a security blanket or something.

Went down to 1Borneo to do some shopping today (and manages to meet up with one of my childhood friends) to get some necessities and a bit of personal vanity items for ourselves, though our main focus is still on princess that we barely had much shopping done since we had to look out for her. Poor princess kept getting her naps interrupted by all the excitement, colour and noise of the shopping mall that she got super cranky at the end of the day, and now she is enjoying her long-awaited peaceful sleep. Hopefully she KOs throughout the night and not wake up too much, or it'll be sleepless night for me again.

Tomorrow will be another long day ahead with a lot in our plate, coz we may or may not have breakfast with my dad, and then I'm gonna meet up with my foster family whom I have not met in like forever, and maybe meet up with my 2 childhood friends.

Ta-ta for now, and look forward for an update soon!

0 comments: