Thursday, January 31, 2013 | By: BlackGargie

Passport for Princess~

Today we brought our little princess down to immigration to do her passport.

Technically we wanted to do it yesterday, but because we overslept a little and my hubby has a lot of things on the plate on that day, we decided to postpone it to today.

Our princess was sleeping pretty soundly, so it kinda made me feel bad that I had to wake her up to change her diapers and get her dressed up all pretty, but she's gonna have to wake up anyway to have her picture taken for the passport, so might as well.

She was fine on the way to the immigration centre, and we got our number, our form and our necessary documents ready with us. While we wait, our princess decided to torture us by doing a doozy, and it stank to the high heavens with it!! XP I could pretty much smell it even as she was seated a bit away from me.

Unfortunately the immigration centre doesn't have the proper breastfeeding/baby room, so after asking around with the receptionist, she showed us the next best thing, which is the staff pantry hidden behind a corner outside where the passport section is. The hellish nightmare of changing diapers for every parent struck as we could smell the bio-hazard waste permeating from the seat of her pants and just stank the whole pantry, LOL.

Silly little princess. When she doesn't poo, she makes us worry. When she does poo, she makes us suffer. Such is parenthood.

Because she was awakened unceremoniously, she was starting to get a little cranky after 10 minutes of waiting, so we tried to distract and play with her while keeping her awake so that she would have her photo shoot. But finally she was so tired that distracting and playing doesn't work, so I carried her lying down and just rock her to calm her down. She calmed down some, and her eyes were drooping, but I try to keep her awake, and I know as well that she can only fall asleep if she has her milk.

While waiting, we saw another couple with their baby ahead of us, and that baby was barely one month old! It took 3 people to get his picture right because he couldn't cooperate (due to too young an age) and was hungry. LOL! So cute.

Finally it came to her turn, and we produced the necessary documents. Technically the requirements were like having both the original and photocopy documents, but because my mom in law kept the originals in the bank vault, we had to make do. Thankfully they were OK with us just giving them the photocopy documents.

The lady helping us took out a baby car seat from her counter, told us to put it on the seat in front of the camera (since we're doing a bio-metric passport, pictures can be taken on the spot), drape a blue cloth over it to eliminate the background, and put her in there. Luckily we calmed our princess enough to leave her alone in the seat, and prolly thanks (?) to my obsession with documenting her every moment, she was used to the camera and had her picture taken with no fuss.

My little photogenic princess ^_^
After all said and done, we were given a receipt with a notification saying that we can collect it on the 5th next month, but later on in the late afternoon, while I was at the shop, my hubby suddenly called the shop (we finally installed a phone there), telling me to bring out the receipt because the immigration sms-ed him telling him that her passport was ready to collect!

Woah, that was fast! They must have very little passports to complete for the quota of the day today.

Neways, we got the passport, her little cute mugshot was in there and she is now all set and ready to travel after Chinese New Year to meet her other grandpa, aka my dad. My dad is totally looking forward to meet her, and we can't wait to show her off to him too~ ^_^