Wednesday, January 25, 2012 | By: BlackGargie

RIP Steve Jobs

I know I'm a little late in the tribute, and this is going to be a short tribute anyways, so anyhow...

I didn't really know or learn a lot about Steve Jobs, only that he's like the father of Apple or something from his eulogy documentary I watched and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have an iPod or an iPad2 for my birthday.

When he died, I didn't really feel too bad or anything. But I tend to wonder who would be his successor or whether either of them are able to do as good a job as he did. I gotta admit, from the eulogy documentary I watched, he's actually pretty talented, revolutionizing and refining a lot of things tech that others had done the first time.

And him being part of Disney to create some of the best 3D animations were pretty cool. If it weren't for him, Toy Story wouldn't have existed as well as the subsequent trilogy, or Ratatouille, or The Incredibles (though it's still not my cup of tea) and the like.

My hubby went all the way to buy a sort of biography of him and had finished the book within a week. And there was something interesting that I found out about Steve Jobs concerning the sickness that caused his death.

Apparently the cancer was discovered early and it was benign, so a bit of surgery to extract it and it would've been fine. But instead of seeking immediate treatment, Steve Jobs did what all workaholics do: ignore and deny its existence and refusing to believe he was sick. And by that time, he slowly soon got worse and worse until he finally had to accept the reality that he WAS sick. Sometimes refusing to acknowledge something doesn't mean it'll go away, you know.

No offense, but for such a smart genius...he's not really too bright, is he?

Well, at least he left behind a long legacy. So RIP, Steve Jobs. May you rest in peace

0 comments: