Thursday, December 29, 2011 | By: BlackGargie

Annoyance

Got a bit of an annoyance last night during dinner time.

It had been more than 2 months since I was unemployed and all, but I'm pretty much at ease at the moment, since I'm still trying to learn my driving anyways. Prolly just a few more lesson before I'm ready to take on the exam and score my first time on an actual road.

Then came the annoying question of whether or not I've secured a job.

No, it didn't come from my rents-in-laws. They've already gave up asking after almost a few weeks of asking and probing, and I made it perfectly clear to them that no one is going to hire me because I don't have a driving license and I can't drive.

Nowadays, working in an office almost always requires you to be on the road, and from my previous experience working in my previous company, I knew that driving is really very important, especially when I want to go anywhere on my own leisure but can't because of my inability to handle the wheel.

No, it had to come from my 2nd sis-in-law. As usual.

She was asking whether I've finally got a job. I told her "No" and it just suddenly spark off a torrent of questions from her.

Why not?

Why didn't you get a job?

Where did you apply to?

Which company is it?

Who did you speak to?

What did they ask?

What did you tell them?

Why? What? When? How?

She was bombarding me like a machine gun, and while in all honesty, I haven't been job hunting due to my inability to take the wheel, she had no right to pry into my business, and I wasn't about to tell her that or she would have some excuse to belittle me.

I just gave her an excuse "I don't remember who or where I interviewed with, it's been months since that incident, and I applied everywhere, you can't expect me to remember all of them, and none of them called me in for a 2nd interview anyways". But that seemed to egg her on, and she clearly couldn't take the hint that I don't wish to talk about it anymore.

She kept pestering "Come on, tell me! Where did you went for interview? Who interviewed you? What was the place? Come on, tell me! Why won't you tell me, huh? Huh? Tell me~!"

What the hell is her problem? It's not like knowing about my job interview experiences is gonna change her life or something! Sheesh!

She was really getting on my nerves, but if I respond, it will only make things worse, and prolly egg her on to ask more questions, so as much as I want to yell at her to mind her own business and shut the hell up, I relied on my inhuman patience to keep my trap shut.

And I wasn't about to tell her that there is a possibility that I will be the next in line to run a baby shop business my rents-in-law are planning to set up after they retire, well, not until it's confirmed anyway.

It was technically my eldest sis-in-law's home business but now that they've migrated to London, my rents-in-law decided to run the show instead and she will be their supplier, since the clothes are genuinely manufactured from London and all. It's all in the proposal and in the works, so if it went through, I would prolly be next in line to run the business, and maybe piggyback to sell my manga-s at the same time.

I'm not about to rouse some green-eyed monster outta my 2nd sis-in-law for not allowing their other own daughter in on the dough. So mum's the word

0 comments: