Tuesday, October 12, 2010 | By: BlackGargie

Animated Memories

I just recently got down to watching How To Train Your Dragon (which I will probably discuss about it here sooner or later) to see what the hype was all about, after seeing tons of fanarts and read almost a gajillion fanfics (well, mostly Toothless/Hiccup) and after highly recommended by my chat  friend and I gotta say even after watching this movie 3 times, it still rocked my sockz~!!!


Best fucking Dreamworks animated movie ever!!!

Then I was suddenly reminded of the time I actually like an animated movie so much that I was willing to watch it a gazillion times as well, which was:

I remember when I was little, my mom had to go on one of her outstation trips again, and I thought, ah well, she'll be gone for a week or two. No big.

Then it turns out that she ended up being gone for almost a month, leaving me to fend for myself with my maid for that entire one-month school hols. Aside from the occasional TV series that I follow up every week, and a couple of Chinese drama series on VHS in which I finished in a jiffy (damn, I feel so old), my only entertainment was this one Beauty and the Beast VHS movie.

And every morning after I wake up and every night before I go to bed, I will watch that movie.

To make things more interesting, I either play the role as Belle or as Beast, and when I play the Beast, I would don myself with a towel as his cape and will act out their roles, following their dialogue to the letter. I knew every move, every line, every word, every action that was portrayed in the movie. I could even recite it when I'm not watching it just to show off to my friends.

Then I decided to move on to new heights by trying my God-given talent in memorizing movie lines on other movies like Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame and the like. And if I concentrate harder, I would actually remember what were the lines of old Disney animated movies I used to watch.

My hubby recently downloaded the special edition of Beauty and the Beast 720p version with an additional scene and song done by the enchanted objects (probably taken out from one of their many special filler movies and slapped into it, judging by the artwork style), and watching it now, aside from the additional scene, everything was just exactly the way I remembered it, down to the letter, and it was nostalgic to recall such memories of old again.

I wonder now if I watched HTTYD long and numerous enough, would I remember them and memorize them just as I memorized Beauty and the Beast?

0 comments: