Friday, January 1, 2010 | By: BlackGargie

Auld Lang Syne~

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne...

New Year is here! Goodbye, 2009! Hello, 2010~!

Can't believe time has flown by so fast. Only just last week and a half we were celebrating Christmas Day, and now it's already New Year! Man, I feel old all of a sudden, but it's no big. Just glad to be alive for another year~!

This year, we celebrated the New Year's Eve at my future eldest sister-in-law's place. Before that, my friend and I, in one of his many impulses, went out to have lunch at a new Thai restaurant at Jerudong area where their curry is rumoured to be so delicious, you can drink it as it is, like soup, all the way to the last drop. Though they really need to work on the name of their restaurant. Naming it "Thai Foods" is not exactly very creative. But all in all, the food there is pretty good. Being in a Thai restaurant, I of course must try their in-house food, which is the Tom Yam noodles. It wasn't as spicy as I expected, but pretty flavourful. My friend ordered beef green curry with rice, and I must admit, the taste of the curry is very rich. You can literally taste the thickness of the coconut milk used to make it. Needless to see, my friend really drank it till the last drop~! XD

We went down to the Water Village to take pictures, particularly the village children. My friend had wanted to catch children swimming in the lake, but somehow we weren't lucky. They were all on shore at their houses playing their little kiddie games, but it was alright. My friend still ended up having some good shots, which you might probably see once he updates his blog. Cats were abundant around the area, and the kids were very photogenic. In fact, we came across a group of kids who were so photogenic, one of the kids kept begging for more pictures to be taken. Others would pose and walk away, and there was one where they posed from far but when we tried to come near them to get a better shot, they made a run for it. LOL!

By sundown, my friend sent me home and my fiance and I waited till his parents came home before we made our way to his eldest sister's home. There I found that they actually got their son a new year's gift of a punching bag, as in a REAL huge punching bag for those boxers and stuff. I tried to hit a few times but it kinda chafed my knuckles. I guess there is a reason why boxers wrapped bandages and put on their boxing gloves before hitting it.

Soon dinner was on. They ordered catering from Lotus who makes a very mean Indian cuisine and we ate it buffet style, helping ourselves to nan and chappati and curry and fish and stuff, and the most interesting dish would be briyani rice served in capsicum "bowls" where I can eat both the rice and the capsicum at the same time. Really cool! Part way through dinner, my future eldest bro-in-law had invited his friend for the dinner. I found out that he actually is a competition to my ex- tourism company, so I warmed up to him nicely, telling him the horrors of working there at my previous company, and he, too, was no stranger to the eccentrics of my ex-boss.

In between the meals, I boozed myself silly. I think I had about 2 bottles of vodka soda (12% alcohol), half a dozen glasses of Verra red wine and a couple of beers or two. I must've been totally wasted but who cares! It's New Year's Eve! I'm entitled to get myself wasted! XD My fiance's grandma and second sister and the family went back first because, well, one, the second sister's family isn't much of a sociable person and two, the grandma can't stay up so late, so the rest of us stay behind.

Finally the clock struck 12 and we immediately went around giving hugs and kisses, wishing everyone a happy new year. We took out crackers and popped them everywhere, showering confettis on everyone. I immediately made the calls to my friends and my dad to wish them well as well. My dad sounded not in the mood, probably because I woke him and whatnot, and I told him that I might be going over to KK this month, so he told me to give him a ring when it is confirmed. My god-ma was chipper as ever, and I wished her happy birthday too coz coincidentally her birthday IS on New Year's! LOL! My god-pa sounded fine, and they too told me to keep in touch and give them a ring to confirm my arrival. I called my best friend Jennifer but I kept being led to voice-mail, probably because she's asleep as well, so I rang my other best friend Elaine who is a yaoi-kindred, updating her on things and telling her about my arrival.

I was wondering who have yet to call when I saw the number of my really old friend back in high school whom I haven't talked in 9 years since she graduated from Form 5 (I was Form 2 or 3 at the time). The last I heard of her was that she was already married and moved into KL and had the time of her life doing a career she likes best, and I only occasionally hear wind of her in Deviant Art. I decided to brace myself for upcoming bills and called her. I asked for her name just to make sure I didn't call the wrong person and I was so glad to hear her again. We talked for a while, also updating each other on things, and we promised to try and catch up with each other face to face one of these days.

Finally we had dessert where I had apple crumbled smothered with custard while watching This Is It in DVD with my future niece, being that she's a fan and all and that she slept through the official premiere screening. It was nice to MJ again, but still, the 720p version that my fiance had downloaded was still the best.

All in all, it was a very nice New Year celebration. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Happy New Year, everyone! Have a nice 2010~!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who writes about
many
home based business

If you want to know more here it is
home based business opportunity
www.home-businessreviews.com