Saturday, October 17, 2009 | By: BlackGargie

Silent Observer

Being the outsider in the family of my fiance (meaning not officially part of the family by marriage), I have learnt quickly what is my position in this family.

I am a silent observer.

I silently observe as the scenes in the home unfold.

I silently observe as the family goes into dispute.

I silently observe as there were sibling rivalries and arguments happen.

I silently observe as my future parents-in-law talk at the table about things going on in the family, or maybe when they complain among each other about dissatisfactions.

I silently observe as my future in-laws behave like Old Married Couples, bickering with each other, occasionally laughing out loud at their antics.

I silently observe as my fiance's 2nd sister grumble about things or bully the maid, even though my heart felt like scolding her for doing that (because I know if I did, I would only make things worse and make an enemy out of her)

I silently observe as I stay up late and see my fiance's 2nd brother-in-law get up in the witching hours to take a fag, wondering whether he was thinking about his marriage or his life or his job

I silently observe as my future father-in-law gives his berating and advices, mostly to my fiance's 2nd sister on how to straighten out her life.

I silently observe as my fiance's 2nd brother-in-law loses his temper and shouts at his son whenever the son is in one of his impossible moods

I silently observe as my maid met every whim and fancy of the kids, while trying to do the housework and tolerate my future grandma-in-law at the same time

I silently observe as my future grandma-in-law will sit there hogging the TV, yelling at the kids, doing the housework with the maid, turning in early or waking up at fucking 4 am and hogs the bathroom.

I silently observe as the kids play, scream, howl, laugh and cry their way through life, and handle them whenever the situation requires it

I silently observe as my fiance's 2nd sister's family have their ups and downs.

I silently observe everything, taking part as much as possible and help out and be involved whenever I can.

I am a silent observer.

1 comments:

Chan Chee Khiong said...

LOL, isn't it great to be an observer? You see things more clearly.