Wednesday, September 30, 2009 | By: BlackGargie

Total Class Act!

I was typing away in my dream blog when I suddenly remembered an incident back then when I was still working as a tour guide. I had a nasty cold and cough back then and my throat was kinda sore, so I more or less wasn't at my best shape when I was doing my tour guiding, but it was nothing meds couldn't cure.

The next day, I felt a little better, although my throat was still a little sore. I didn't want to strain my voice, so I pretty much faked my voice to be worse than it is and pretended that I couldn't talk for the life of me. I depended on facial expressions and body language and also made-up sign languages to convey my message. Needless to say my supervisor saw that I was totally not in shape to do any tour guiding, so he told me to stay in the office and do menial tasks in the meantime. LOL! It was a hoot playing with their minds and screwing with their heads as they try to make head or tail of what I'm trying to say. I even resorted to typing my message on my handphone when they couldn't understand my sign languages.

During lunch hour, I even "talked" with my best friend and colleague using a fake strained voice and whispers, coupled with sign languages, and we more or less had an understanding conversation. I was so convincing that they really thought I've lost my voice and all. LOL!

Then the next few days they let me off the hook and told me to take leave when I continued to put up my mute act. It was relaxing at best, and I enjoyed my weekend peacefully without the interruption of shifts, but it came with a cost of having my salary deducted for the number of days I didn't work. But it was worth it.

Dang, I totally should consider an acting career! XD

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing the other person's webpage link on your page at proper place and other person will
also do similar in support of you.

my page Trim Cleanse